FAQ   •  RSS   •  Поиск
Вход  •  Регистрация

Your greatest WOW moment while observing?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов - Астрономия для любителей -> Солнечная система
Предыдущая тема :: Подписаться на тему [RSS] :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Johneames
астроном

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Дек 16, 2017 5:56 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Your greatest WOW moment while observing? Ответить с цитатой

Hello,
What's the one moment while observing that you'll always cherish? Give me the whole story, I'd love to hear it!

Mine would have to be seeing Saturn for the first time or seeing the veil nebula.

Saturn: when I first got my little 4" refractor this summer (currently my first and only telescope), I never thought Saturn would be anything special through it. Sure it was big and bright in the southern sky, but no one ever mentioned anything about it. But after an hour or so of observing I finally decided to give it a go.
I pointed the lens towards the bright blue dot and looked through my 12mm eyepiece. A big blob. Telescope was out of focus.
As I turned that knob slowly, the image grew sharper and sharper until I was greeted by the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. There was Saturn, a perfect little circle surrounded by very distinct rings. I went crazy over how amazing it was.

Veil: long story short I had no intentions of being able to see the veil nebula, even with my newly purchased UHC filter. I thought it would be too faint and I'd need an Oiii to ever be able to get a glimpse of it. But as always it was at least worth a try. Sure enough there it was right below Gienah. Very faint, anyone could have easily passed it by if they weren't looking for it, but there it was. An amazing moment indeed.any suggestions?

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/592688-your-greatest-wow-moment-while-observing/

Promotional advertising examples
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов - Астрономия для любителей -> Солнечная система Часовой пояс: GMT + 4
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: